Jordan Society and Culture Links
- The American Center of Oriental Research
- ACOR - Conducts archaeological, social and scientific research. The
site includes information on ACOR's projects, affiliated excavations,
library and publications.
- BirdLife Middle East - An
International BirdLife partner. The site features information on the Middle
East office, and important bird areas in the region.
- The Friends of Environment Society - FOE
- An independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization specialized in
environmental education. The site features information about its projects
- Higher Council for Science and
Technology - An independent institution entrusted with the planning,
coordination and implementation of science and technology in collaboration
with related institutions.
- Islamic Academy of Sciences - IAS
- International NGO of scientists and scholars working for Third World
development in science, technology, natural resources, environment, water
and food issues. The site includes information on publications and
- Jordanian Astronomical Society - JAS
- Includes information about the Society, membership, astronomical events,
activities, articles and useful links.
- Jordanian Network for
Environmentally Friendly Industries - JNEFI - A non-profit
non-governmental network of industries seeking to find economical solutions
to their environmental problems. Information about membership, partners, and
- Pella Museum - Online exhibits
of the paleontology and geology of the country.
and Site Development at Umm El-Jimal - Includes information about Umm
El-Jimal restoration project - 1972 to 1993. Presents other publications on
the site including 'Umm El-Jimal: Gem of the Black Desert', and annual
reports from the Jordanian Department of Antiquities.
- Royal Scientific Society - An
independent, non-profit organization conducting scientific and technological
research and developmental work related to the development process in
- The Royal Society for the Conservation
of Nature (RSCN) - Conserving the biodiversity of Jordan and integrating
its conservation programmes with socio-economic development, while promoting
protection of the natural environment. Includes adventures, actions,
training, nature centre and membership.
- Waternet - Water, conflict
and co-operation in the Middle East: politics and international law